Tuesday, November 27, 2007

By-week

I left Quito last Monday, after failing to climb Cotopaxi, to come home and do my thesis corrections. Not a very fun prospect, but it will be good to get it out of the way. I had the worst cab driver on the way home the airport in Houston. It is a 45 minute drive and he kept trying to hold my hand. Very strange. Thankfully, I had purchased a Newsweek magazine, rolled it up, and kept smacking him with it every time he tried to touch me. That is not an exaggeration, I was actually hitting my cabbie like a dog that took a crap in the house as we are barrelling down the freeway at 70 mph. Since then, I have been working on the thesis corrections and I am almost finished. I did get to spend Thanksgiving with Kate and her family having a fabulous turkey dinner and lots of wine. We also started whiskey tastings at 10:30 am. It was a great day! In a couple of days, I am off to Ecuador again to go to the Galapagos and then on to Venezuela. Kate has learned that her work will give her 4 to 6 months extended leave so we will soon be running around the world together and that could only spell one thing: T-R-O-U-B-L-E!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What does that spell?

Up next:US of A, the Bahamas, and moving to Sydney