Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Payin' cash, sittin' next to Vanna White

I went back to NYC last week for the sole reason of dressing up in short shorts and running around the city with jousting sticks. Literally running around the city. Kate and I went on a hash run through the city streets while wearing our American Gladiator costumes of fabulousness. IT WAS AWESOME! We were a huge hit with the crowd and got to lead the hashers through the parade on the account that no one could see anything except our jousting sticks. We also ran into another pair of gladiatresses who had a substantially more elaborate costume. Big hair and gold leotards-the works-I think they actually were American Gladiators in the 80's. It took me almost a day of arts and crafts to make the jousting sticks and we threw the iron-shirts together 30 minutes before the has run and it was worth it. The night ending with Kate and I laughing maniacally and throwing cold cuts at each other.

The rest of the week was great. Kate and I got to hang out heaps, just going to dinner and vegging. I got lost enough that I ended up seeing most of the sights of NYC. Kate got at least 5 phone calls a day starting with the phrase "okay, if I am standing at the corner of. . ."

I am off to South America on Monday to go live with an Ecuadorian family and bum around Venezuela. Will be back stateside on Jan 23rd. Be naughty and take care of each other.

Love Heather

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

good to see all your friends are posting on you site - LOSER!

heh heh! funny!

Up next:US of A, the Bahamas, and moving to Sydney