Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Practicing Imperalism

Yesterday I spent all day practicing my best imperialistic attitude. I went to the Shiv Neivas hotel (about $325 a night) and paid $7.50 to use their pool. I had the glorious, clean, white marble pool all to myself. It even came with a waiter who stood behind me the whole time, THE WHOLE TIME, just in case I needed anything. He wouldn’t even let me move my lounge chair. Nothing makes you feel more hegemonic than directing a waiter dressed in an all white 3 piece suit, in 45C heat, on where to position your sunbed while wearing a bikini. This kind of power does have its downside though . . .I burned my bottom.

This morning I went horseback riding through rural Udaipur. It was good fun and all the children shout and wave at you. Apparently, all the area we were in used to house tigers and leopards which is why a hunting palace was built by the king here. However, now it just looks like south Texas scrub brush. Supposedly there are still leopards there, but I didn’t see any. Probably a good thing because I don’t think I could have controlled my horse if it saw a leopard.

I am off to Mumbai tonight. Hopefully you will next see me as an extra (and when I say “extra” I mean star) in a Bollywood movie.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You can't hate me - I'm the only friend you have! You had any others surely at least one of them might actually write something on this stupid blog of yours ... but do they? Ever? No, sweet kitten. I am the only friend you have, even Kate left you. Not because she had to, but because she WANTED to.

Truth hurts, baby. Absolute truth hurts absolutely.

I miss your musk.

Anonymous said...

O, and bring me back one of those hot Bollywood girls. You know the type I like!

Anonymous said...

A message to Gramps!!

Heather has friends. I read her blog and write comments so ner!

Big love,
Bre

Anonymous said...

Awww, Bre. Such a sweetie! I love that you write to me on Heather's blog rather than her!

So, how've you been?

Heather said...

I knew somebody else read my blog besides Gramps! Thanks Bre for representin'.

Up next:US of A, the Bahamas, and moving to Sydney